|Not this kind of pet...|
Why are pet projects so good?
Pet projects are good because:
- sometimes you need a break from client work
- they may have the potential of making you money
- if they're relevant enough, you may be able to include them in your portfolio
You can kind-of count your own ad/marketing campaign as your pet project, but you should be doing that anyway - that's not a "side" thing, that's just part of owning your own freelance writing business.
Good pet projects might include:
- creating and maintaining a blog in a niche you love
- writing an ebook
- writing a guide of some sort
- creating video tutorials
On a nice Saturday morning, spend a couple hours cultivating your own pet project... you might be surprised at how much it revitalizes you for your next work session.
Follow me on Twitter, join me on Facebook or subscribe to this blog via e-mail.
© Angie Papple Johnston, 2010; if you are reading this anywhere but on FreeFreelanceWritingTips.Blogspot.com, it's stolen.
Freelance Writing Tips by Angie Papple Johnston is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at freefreelancewritingtips.blogspot.com.