Freelance Writing Resources



This lady spent all her money buying
books about freelance writing.


I found a book - a very expensive book, in fact - and some online courses promising to answer all the questions you could ever possibly have on freelance writing.


Here's what I don't get: If you want to start a career in freelance writing, there's plenty of free information out here - so why would anyone want to spend money on it?

I can understand buying The Well-Fed Writer.  Now that's a useful book and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  But I saw this old lady offering to teach you how to become a freelance writer within a week (for lots of money, of course) and I thought, "What a nut job."


There are tons of resources available - here's what I read to learn, grow and keep my freelance writing career current:

The Well-Fed Writer Blog
Men With Pens
Screw You! (this one's a lot of fun)
Clients from Hell (also a lot of fun)
Writer Beware
WritersWeekly

There are others I read which are full of valuable information - but those are the ones I get excited to read from.

I try to provide as much information as I can here, too, so that new freelance writers can get everything they need without thinking they have to pay that batty woman hundreds of dollars (and consequently, get screwed out of those hundreds of dollars) to learn how to earn.

If you guys ever have any questions, please ask - a lot of my posts are in response to questions people send me on Facebook or through email.  I'll be happy to help in any way I can, and if I don't know the answer I'll help you find it.



Follow me on Twitter, join me on Facebook or subscribe to this blog via e-mail.

"Distraught" image courtesy of GreekGod at RGBStock.com

© Angie Papple Johnston, 2010; if you are reading this anywhere but on FreeFreelanceWritingTips.Blogspot.com, it's stolen.